Infant Massage is a type of complementary and alternative treatment that uses massage therapy for human infants. This therapy has been practiced globally, and has been increasingly used in Western countries as a treatment for infants, though the scientific evidence supporting its use is limited. Research into the effectiveness of massage therapy on full term infants has found some tentative evidence for some benefits such as sleeping and crying in infants.
Research shows that Infant Massage has been beneficial in the following areas:
- Helps Relieve Discomfort from Gas, Colic, and Constipation
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Aids in Digestion
- Enhanced Development of the Nervous System
- Stimulates Neurological Development
- Increases Alertness/Heightened Awareness
- Reduces Stress Hormones
- Improves Immune Function
- The Release of Oxytocin, the Nurturing Hormone
Nothing is more important than maintaining a healthy, high quality life
Call us today to discover a better, healthier you.